Our estate planning review takes a comprehensive look at the intentions, plans, position, and needs of the individual, spouses and other extended family members in tailoring a specific plan for each client. We pay close attention to the issues and opportunities facing any business owned by our clients when developing an estate or wealth succession plan.
In addition to drafting traditional wills and trusts, we are often engaged to establish a variety of leveraged gifting programs, charitable trusts, and private foundations; design and implement international estate plans that maximize the tax and non-tax benefits under both US and foreign law; create wealth preservation strategies; advise with respect to retirement plan assets and executive compensation and much more.
In addition, the firm has expertise in handling estate and gift tax audits and controversies.
Our estate planning services include:
- Wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, durable powers-of-attorney and health care proxies
- Succession planning
- Marital deduction planning
- Charitable remainder trusts and non-charitable gift-giving planning
- Establishing charitable foundations for individuals and corporations
- Life insurance and estate liquidity planning
- Gift programs
- Asset protection planning: limited partnerships, limited liability companies and pre-nuptial agreements
- Post-mortem planning, disclaimers and declaratory judgments